Lechon means roasted but usually associated with roasted pig. They call it lechon chicken because it is similar to the way a Philippine Roasted pignus cooked.
* 1 kilo (2.2 lbs) or 3lb dressed whole chicken
* 1 8 oz Sprite or 7up
* 3 tbsp of white or brown sugar
* 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1 medium sized onion, sliced
* 3 tbsp of lemon or calamansi juice
* 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
* 1 or 2 stalks of lemon grass (tanglad)
* ground black pepper
* 3 bay leaves
* 1 stick of butter
* 3 tbsp soy sauce
* Marinate the whole chicken in Sprite or 7up, soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, ginger, onions, pepper and sugar for an hour or more. To get the best result we suggest to marinate the chicken overnight.
* Preheat the oven to 325°C.
(About 375 degrees F)
* Stuff the Chicken cavity with the following: lemon grass tied together, garlic, bay leaves and Peppers.
* Inject the marinade mix unto the inside of the chicken.
* Rub the chicken’s skin with butter, salt, pepper and garlic.
* Finally, roast the chicken for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
* While roasting brush or baste the chicken’s skin, with butter about every 15 minutes
Optional* Serve hot with Mang Tomas lechon sauce. (A bottled sauce sold in Asian grocery stores meant to be eaten with roasted pig)
Post a Comment