Tis the season for painted eggs. Above are not painted eggs but are either heirloom green and brown eggs with quail eggs. I think Easter has become a symbol of Spring because of the birth of new things after a long dead winter. It symbolizes new life. This tradition has been linked to the belief of life after death which Christians believe in.
You can cook them hardboiled and use them for decoration.
Recommendations on how to make the perfect hardboiled egg:
1) Leave eggs at room temperature - at least 1 hour before cooking
2) In a 1 quart size pot, fill with water 3 inches deep.
3) Place about 6 eggs at the bottom of the pot and bring the water to boil at medium heat.
4) Boil for about a minute then turn heat off to let eggs sit for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the eggs you used. (Quails are half the time or large eggs)
5) Transfer eggs with slotted spoon to a bowl of iced water so it's easy to peel
6) When cool, tap eggs to crack shell and peel
Now you can eat them as is or make deviled eggs!
Post a Comment